Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Stress, Traffic Jams, And Shopping Lists

I was emailed the below video a couple of days ago and it affects me every time I watch it. Though the message is Christian based, the concept is one that everybody can grasp.

Last year (around this time) we learned about how much money is spent "around" (double meaning) Christmas and how little of it actually trickles down to those who need it. Of course water is one example as cited in this video, but you could easily find somebody in your own neighborhood that could use help (time, money, friendship, etc.)

I post this video for those who feel like something has been missing during Christmas (and a couple of examples of what they could do.)

2 comments:

My Year Without said...

This is my favorite post of yours so far!

Sandy said...

Hey. I just stumbled across your blog. Interesting enough, I just put up a post about how I was feeling frustrated that my celebration of Christmas with my family wasn't at all about honoring Christ through my actions, and more just based on an empty tradition. Good stuff!

Subscribe via email (Get Posts As They Happen!)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner