Sunday, August 17, 2008

Crossing America: Day 17-19 (The Last Leg)

Prineville, Oregon(2 days there) to Portland, Oregon
August 16th-August 18th

Distance: 168 miles
Time In Truck: 8:45am to 2pm


View Larger Map

It's taken me too long to write since we have officially arrived back in the Portland area. For one thing, it feels nice to not be driving and I have been enjoying catching up on news, books, and various research. Our sleep patterns are somewhat back to normal and we are eating balanced meals again (one cannot survive on Black Pepper Triscuits and Easy Cheese.)

All those days on the road actually did have one side effect. I was napping the other day and something suddenly woke me. Startled, I looked around the room and I was very confused. Everything looked familiar. For some reason my brain had become accustomed to being "not home" that when I saw we were in fact "home," I started to panic. 'We're we in an accident? Was this road trip a dream? Who brought me back here?' It didn't quite make sense that we had actually driven all the way back. It was as the DC to Portland trip had not been completed in my subconscious. After I woke up completely, I was so happy to know that the trip had been completed.

No comments:

Subscribe via email (Get Posts As They Happen!)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner